Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2010

first day in Hong Kong






Hong Kong welcomed me with a nice thunderstorm on a Saturday night! It was actually pretty cool because I have never seen so much rain coming down! My new boss KY and his wife Kelly picked me up from the airport. I seriously didnt see him at first because the people looked all the same......but he came up to me and gave me warm welcome hug! thought it was cool!
They dropped me off at my hotel almost at midnight and invited me for breakfast for Sunday morning. I just thought ohhh s...., I need to sleep in, but actually it was good because I got used to the time easily and at the end I didnt have a jetlag at all!
My first day in Hong Kong was good, I have met his 2 boys (3 and 4 years old) cant remember the names it was something with hok roy and hok didi something or the other way around ....ups!

(this is my boss and his family)
We had breakfast at a super nice restaurant with harbor view, I was expecting some eggs and toast, but we had rice and different kind of fish and more fish and some spring rolls and dumlings, shrimp balls........sometimes i couldnt tell what it was, but i tried everything and it was good! well most of it!......by the way this breakfast is very special and traditional in Hong Kong and called Dim Sum. I have to say my boss has a very nice little family, I enjoyed the day.




Here are some first impressions from Hong Kong - it sometimes feels like I am in New York City/Sao Paulo or in Chinatown in San Francisco.....the skyline is amazing





There is a laser-show called "Symphonie of Lights" every night at 8 pm!

You will see this kind of chinese entrances a lot in Hong Kong especially when there is a park area!



1 Kommentar:

  1. Love the great pics you have taken. It looks amazing, would love to go there one day and see that all.
    I had to laugh so much about that say: "nice breakie" you had, God so much fish..excatly what you love lol. Well, thats Asia and with the time one get use to almost everything. Who knows you might come back to Germany and find "Schweineschnitzel" just terrible ahahah!
    Kepp writing everything, I loved it! besos

    AntwortenLöschen